Dan John has spent his life with one foot in the world of lifting and throwing, and the other foot in academia. An All-American discus thrower, Dan has also competed at the highest levels of Olympic lifting, Highland Games and the Weight Pentathlon, an event in which he holds the American record.
Dan spends his work life blending weekly workshops and lectures with full-time writing, and is also an online religious studies instructor for Columbia College of Missouri. As a Fulbright Scholar, he toured the Middle East exploring the foundations of religious education systems. His books, on weightlifting, include Intervention, Never Let Go, Mass Made Simple and Easy Strength, written with Pavel Tsatsouline as well as From Dad, To Grad.
Did you know you can get a free copy of the Bulletproof Diet, the Bulletproof Shopping Guide, and much more by entering your email address in the box on the right side of this page?
What We Cover
- 1:41 – Why are you a trainer of trainers/athletes with your high interest in religion?
- 4:20 – The 5 questions you ask for clients to get them started on your program?
- 7:05 – The difference between a health goal and a fitness goal
- 9:00 – What quadrant are you in? And how it affects your mentality toward training
- 11:50 – What do you think about older guys using hormones to reach their health/fitness goals?
- 13:30 – Dan’s experience with BP Intermittent Fasting
- 17:00 – Interesting thoughts on fasting and feasting
- 19:00 – Cold thermogenesis
- 20:40 – The mammalian part of your brain and how it is related to Dan’s training
- 23:00 – The secret of freewill
- 24:50 – The difference between “I don’t” and “I can’t”
- 27:15 – What is “absolute strength”?
- 31:20 – How putting 100% effort into your workout affects your recovery (Volume vs. Intensity)
- 35:00 – Bio-hacking vs. track & field
- 37:30 – The warrior spirit
- 40:00 – The “how” and “why” of health/fitness
- 45:20 – The 2 minimum effective doses to get strong as fast as possible
- 49:50 – What should we be eating? (And a story about fitness experts NOT knowing what the best eating habit is)
- 54:00 – What are the top 3 recommendations for people who want to be as powerful and resilient in all aspects of your life?
Links From The Show
Intervention (Dan John’s book)
Bulletproof Upgraded Whey (To Start Training!)
Updates & Announcements
Upgraded Subscriptions are now here! One less thing you have to do to make sure you receive your supplies that keep you Bulletproof.
Imagine setting sail for a week with people who are passionate about upgrading their health! I’m excited to be a part of The Low-Carb Cruise 2013 setting sail MAY 5-12, 2013. I’m honored to be speaking along side Jimmy Moore, Robb Wolf, Dr. Jayson and Mira Calton to name a few. If you’re attending, let me know in the comments below. It would be great to meet you!
Want to get your Sexy Back? Join Sean Croxton, host of the Sexy Back Summit for some dynamite line-up speakers, I’ll be speaking on Upgrading Your Orgasm. Starting May 19th. Stay tuned for more details!
Questions for the podcast?
Leave your questions and responses in comments section below.
Don’t forget to leave a ranking in iTunes. It helps more people find our show.
information that upgrades their lives.