Discover orgasmic meditation (OMing) and the science behind it with Dr. Pooja Lakshmin, M.D., the CSO of OneTaste, and scientist at Rutgers University Newark Orgasm Laboratory. This episode discusses the relationship between orgasm and the nervous system, the importance of mindfulness, and how often men and women should orgasm for maximum performance in life. Be sure not to miss this stimulating episode!
Formerly a psychiatrist at Stanford hospital, Pooja switched career paths after experimenting with OMing and researching the science behind it. She later moved across the country to New York City to study the neuroscience involved in OMing through fMRI imaging and clinical studies. Today, Pooja continues to conduct OMing studies, while also venturing into further researching the male orgasm.
Did you know you could receive a free copy of the Bulletproof Diet, the Bulletproof Shopping Guide, and much more by entering your email address in the box on the right side of this page?
Orgasmic Meditation w/ Nicole Daedone, 30 Days of Intent
Orgasm vs. Performance – Dave Asprey
What You Will Hear
- 1:20 – What is Orgasmic Meditation (OM)?
- 2:20 – What women get out of OM
- 4:40 – Training your nervous system with OM to connect you to your feelings
- 6:30 – Mindfulness in relationship to your brain physiology
- 7:40 – Are the parts of the brain that handle fear and desire undertrained?
- 8:30 – Genitals and their relationship to the limbic system
- 9:00 – Are these reactions the same for men and women?
- 10:30 – Psychological conditioning of men and women
- 11:40 – What happens when you think about sex
- 12:00 – Neurological activation in men and women when seeing different types of sex
- 13:20 – Tantric practices of limiting orgasm
- 15:20 – Climax vs. orgasm
- 17:00 – Dopamine resistance in relation to pornography
- 18:50 – Hacking your nervous system to make sex simpler and better
- 20:20 – Does OMing bring relationships closer together?
- 21:50 – How does the connection work when you feel each other in different rooms?
- 22:50 – Do you track heart rate variability?
- 24:40 – What happens when you use a polygraph during sex?
- 25:20 – Why the left side?
- 26:00 – So what do guys get out of OM other than connection with their partner?
- 28:00 – Paying attention to the more subtle things in life
- 29:00 – Increasing intuition in men and women
- 30:20 – Is there a way of quantifying intuition?
- 32:40 – Dave’s experiment idea involving boosting mitochondrial function
- 34:50 – What happens in the male brain during orgasm?
- 36:50 – More detail on the difference between climax and orgasm
- 38:20 – Are you redefining what orgasm means?
- 39:20 – How does “giving up control” work during OM?
- 40:20 – Women who need more dopamine to achieve climax
- 42:00 – How often should women (and men) have an orgasm for optimal performance?
- 42:00 – Self stimulation vs. partnered stimulation
- 43:00 – Maybe “have sex” should be a top habit on Lift?
- 43:40 – Pooja’s top 3 recommendations to kick more ass
Links From the Show
Questions for the podcast?
Leave your questions and responses in the comments section below so I can answer them in the next podcast.
Please do me the courtesy of leaving a ranking in iTunes. It helps more people find the show!