It’s the 50th episode of Bulletproof Executive Radio, which has now been downloaded more than 1.3 million times, and has reached #1 status on iTunes. It’s time to celebrate and say thanks, so in true biohacker style, here’s a brand new free iPhone app to help you upgrade yourself, along with an interview with the scientist who made it all happen.
The new iPhone app is called Bulletproof® Food Sense and you’ll hear a lot more about it in today’s show, and you can read more about it in the full blog post to come. Thank you for your support for the show and the blog – I am humbled.
Today’s interview is with long time biohacker and founder of Sweetwater Health™, Ronda Collier. Ronda is putting her more than 25 years of experience in high tech to work at SweetWater Health™, where they are looking at the signal coming from the human heart, and instead of seeing beats per minute or simple heart rate variability, seeing a huge pool of big data just waiting to be analyzed using Ronda’s crazy advanced math skills. There is a lot more information in your heartbeat than you’d think – stress levels are just the beginning. By applying mobile health monitoring and stress management with medical research techniques, SweetWater Health is creating some very advanced, very easy to use biohacking technologies.
My experience as a bio hacker who used to weigh 300 pounds and really struggled with food cravings, is that every single person has a set of things in their environment or their food that makes them weak. SweetWater Health and Bulletproof Executive just partnered to create the free Bulletproof® Food Sense iPhone app to help you find your personal kryptonite by using the phone’s onboard sensors to detect your hidden food sensitivities.
You can also get an amazingly full-featured version of the app that works with a chest strap to measure and track your heart rate variability all day long and use complex algorithms to quantify your food, stress, and overall health.
This application does not compete with my friends at Heart Math who make the Inner Balance sensor, which you use to train your HRV for short periods, not track it all day. In fact, I’m on the advisory boards of both Heart Math and SweetWater Health. Both companies totally rock!
On to the interview with Ronda…
Did you know you could receive a free copy of the Bulletproof Diet, the Bulletproof Shopping Guide, and much more by entering your email address in the box on the right side of this page?
What We Cover
- 2:45 – What is the Bulletproof® Food Sense iPhone app?
- 5:45 – Your heart’s reaction to food sensitivity
- 8:00 – Case study: pasta/gluten, food sensitivity, and finding the link
- 9:30 – Dave’s past food sensitivities
- 10:35 – Why it is important to take your morning pulse
- 12:30 – The specifics of the heart rate variability (HRV) app
- 17:00 – What is the level of expertise you need to use HRV app?
- 19:10 – What extra information does the chest strap give you?
- 21:10 – Why Dave uses HRV to improve his performance
- 22:55 – How little stressors add up and how the iPhone apps an help
- 26:00 – Dave’s utopian retail stores with the help of data and biohacking
- 27:10 – Heart rate variability & its relation to your internal organs
- 29:00 – The Future of HRV & the affect of lighting on your health
- 32:00 – How comfortable is the chest strap? How often do you need an HRV read?
- 34:50 – How in-depth can we dig into the data with the chest strap?
- 38:00 – The power of bodily awareness in alliance with the iPhone app
- 40:45 – Dave’s personal experience with driving & HRV
- 42:30 – The Zona Plus & your vagal tone
- 45:15 – Top 3 recommendations to be more resilient in life
- 47:10 – Where you to find the apps
Links from the Show
Questions for the podcast?
Leave your questions and responses in the comments section below so I can answer them in the next podcast.
Please do me the courtesy of leaving a ranking in iTunes. It helps more people find the show!
information that upgrades their lives.