This podcast is with Abel James – a #1 best-selling author, fat loss coach, musician, radio show host, and veritable health crusader. Abel also runs the extremely popular “Fat Burning Man” show – which is one of the top health podcasts on iTunes.
A former strategic advisor to the food and beverage industry, Abel now acts as a consumer advocate who exposes the truth behind deceptive marketing practices, misleading corporate propaganda, and powerful special interests that have accelerated the worldwide obesity epidemic and health crisis. Abel harnesses the techniques he developed for the Lean Body System to achieve extremely compelling results in fat loss and health for his clients and the community.
Did you know you could receive a free copy of the Bulletproof Diet, the Bulletproof Shopping Guide, and much more by entering your email address in the box on the right side of this page?
What We Cover
- 1:05 Why and How Abel is a Biohacker
- 1:50 Silicon Wafers vs. Real Food
- 2:55 What Abel Plans to Biohack in Thailand
- 4:50 Dave’s Experience in Thailand & Zen meditation
- 6:45 Mega-dosing on Piracetam (Good or Bad?)
- 9:30 Individual Variability in Acetyl-Choline
- 10:20 Dave’s Goal in Taking Smart Drugs
- 11:35 Maximum Performance vs. Rest
- 13:50 The Hardest Part of Exercise, According to Dave
- 14:50 Fine Tuning Your Peak Performance
- 15:50 Bulletproof MMA Ambassador, Rest, and the Bulletproof Diet
- 17:20 Counterintuitive Health & Efficiencies Achieved from Abel
- 18:45 60 & 70 Year Old Women Bio-hackers & Performance
- 20:30 Putting “New Wheels” on Dave’s Old Volvo
- 22:00 Abel’s Experience w/ MCT Oil
- 24:00 Sugar cravings vs. MCT Oil
- 26:25 Decision Making Fatigue
- 30:20 Music, the Brain, Tears, and Performance
- 33:30 The Secret Ability Musicians Have
- 34:45 Music and Math
- 36:00 Music, the Subconscious Mind, and Auditory Strength
- 38:50 Dave’s 40-year Meditation Retreat and Listening Skill
- 41:50 Visual Acuity Hacking
- 42:20 Dave’s Experience in an Escape and Evasion Course
- 45:30 Abel’s First Time Trying Modafinil
- 49:10 Your Frame-Rate on Modafinil (Similar to Advanced Meditators)
- 51:30 Dave’s Inner Dialogue (lol)
- 53:45 Top 3 Recommendations to be Your Most High Performance Self
Links from the Show
Questions for the podcast?
Leave your questions and responses in comments section below.
Don’t forget to leave a ranking in iTunes. It helps more people find the show.
videos, and deals you won’t find anywhere else.