Exclusive Interview: Mira & Jayson Calton
The Caltons are among the world’s leading experts on the topics of weight management, lifestyle medicine, and micronutrient deficiency. Their high success rate working with adults and children to achieve sustainable weight loss and reverse health and disease conditions has made their consultancy highly sought after by celebrities, athletes, and top corporate executives around the world. Jayson Calton authored a study published in the Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition we mentioned in a recent podcast which showed how most diet plans don’t provide everything your body needs. Jayson and Mira Calton come on Bulletproof Executive Radio to talk about how micronutrients can improve your health, longevity, and performance.
Did you know you can get a free PDF download of every transcript of every episode of Bulletproof Executive Radio by entering your email address in the box on the right side of this page? You also get a free copy of the Bulletproof Diet, the Bulletproof Shopping Guide, and much more.
What We Cover
- How did you get interested in the importance of micronutrients?
- What is the Calton Project and what did you learn from your travels?
- What are some of the symptoms and or diseases caused by micronutrient deficiencies?
- Are there any diseases that aren’t at least exacerbated by nutrient deficiencies?
- What are some indications you may be deficient in micronutrients?
- What are Everyday Micronutrient Depleters?
- What is a Nutrivore?
- What are some nutrients people might be deficient in despite following something like a paleo diet?
- How can prescription drugs and pharmaceuticals deplete micronutrients?
- Is it possible that severe dieting could actually make you less healthy due to micronutrient deficiencies?
- Do you think nutrient depletion might be even more of a concern for athletes?
- How does cooking and food processing affect nutrient density?
- Could you talk about the study you published which seemed to refute common idea that most “well balanced” diets provide everything you need to be healthy?
- What are some of the rules people should follow when choosing supplements?
Links From The Show
Naked Calories by Jayson & Mira Calton
Food & Supplements
Ending Aging by Aubrey De Grey
Naked Calories by Jayson & Mira Calton
Listener Q & A Summary
- Is the Bulletproof Diet an “all or nothing” diet?
- Is the Bulletproof Diet a good idea for kids?
- What brand of chlorella should you use?
- When should carbs be consumed during Bulletproof Intermittent Fasting?
- What supplements should you take while Bulletproof Fasting?
- Should you do Bulletproof Fasting every day?
- Which is better: CES machines or Bi-neural Beats?
Questions for the podcast?
Leave your questions and responses in comments section below.
You can also ask your questions via…
After tweaking my diet i am almost 100% bulletproof and have noticed a massive difference in energy levels and are leaner and lighter than i have been for 13 years. My partner is struggling to break old eating habits and wanted to know weather this is an all or nothing diet. Will following it 70 percent with the huge increase in good fats especially the butter still be a good thing? Will the diet be sensible for our two year old son?
What brand chlorella do you use/recommend for mercury absorption?? How much of it do you (should one) take?
I am currently a few days into the bulletproof intermittent fasting and am planning on trying it for a while and the writing a blog post about my experience/ results. I am starting with some counter culture coffee that meets your guidelines, but I plan to order your coffee soon so I can compare the two as part of my post.
Anyhow, I have a few things I would like you to clarify to make sure I am doing everything properly.
I normally supplement my primal diet with creatine, fish oil and vitamin D. Should I continue to use these during my fast? If so should I only consume them during my 6 hour eating window or is it ok to stick with my normal routine?
I don’t drink alcohol often, but if I chose to partake on a fast day would it need to be done in my 6 hour window even if it were liquor and soda water?
How important is limiting carb consumption in my eating window to optimize my body composition results?
How often do you recommend doing the fast days? Is it more beneficial to do it every day or to mix it up?
Thanks so much for your time and your amazing blog content, it has been a real inspiration to me!
How do CES machines compare to binaural beats for effectiveness?
Don’t forget to leave a ranking in iTunes. It helps more people find our show.