I’ve always told myself I’d never be one of those dorky guys who posts shirtless pictures of himself posing in front of a mirror holding a camera.
I was wrong, but I did it for a good cause.
It took years for me to test and verify that the quality and composition of food is far more important than the amount you eat or the amount and type of exercise you get. People don’t believe me when I tell them it’s possible. So in the name of demonstrating the difference between a plain paleo diet and the Bulletproof Diet, here’s how I look now even without exercise. I couldn’t do this on a normal paleo diet because toxins in it keep inflammation going even when omega 6 fats are reduced.
The photo in this post is taken under these conditions:
- I have slept less than 5 hours per night on average for 2 continuous years, on purpose, because I am busy.
- I took the photo after I landed, following 20 hours in transit from Victoria, BC to the Philippines, by way of Narita, Japan, with no sleep along the way. The Crowne Plaza bathtub is behind me!
- My grand total exercise in the last 2 years is 4 soft yoga classes completed 6 months ago, plus two five-minute kettelbell swing sessions two weeks before the photo. That’s it.
- I have eaten between 4,000 and 4,500 calories per day on average of The Bulletproof Diet for 2 years
- I used to weigh 300 lbs when I was obese
You tell me – would you be willing to cut toxins out of your diet and eat high amounts of healthy fat if it let you look like this without wasting time on sleep or exercise? You can get even better results from exercise like crossfit and sleeping more too, of course, when you have time for them…
Links that explain how I do this:
upgrading your performance, health, and life.