“Mycotoxins are like little bullets in your body,” says Doug Kauffman, author of The Fungus Link, former US Navy Corpsman, and host of popular TV show “Know The Cause.” Know the Cause is a premier source for mycotoxin knowledge. The show is a great Bulletproof source because if you follow […]
The precision recipe for Bulletproof® Coffee evolved from years of testing ways you can supercharge your brain function and create effortless fat loss with no cravings. Now, every day, hundreds of thousands of people are improving their cognitive performance and shrinking their waistlines thanks to these instructions.
Instructions for Bulletproof Coffee
- Start with 1 cup (8 oz.) filtered water, just off the boil.
- Measure 2 1/2 heaping tablespoons freshly ground Bulletproof® Upgraded™ Coffee beans (approximately 2 rounded tablespoons per 6 oz. water) and brew using your favorite coffee brewing method. (Why this is important)
- Pour in 1 teaspoon Bulletproof® Upgraded™ Brain Octane™ (build up to 1-2 tablespoons over several days).
- Add 1 tablespoon grass-fed, unsalted butter or ghee (build up to 2 tablespoons or more over several days).
- Mix in a blender for 20 seconds until the oil and butter are emulsified so the drink is frothy and looks like a creamy latte without a film of oil on the surface.
It’s not gross. It’s the creamiest, most delicious, highest octane cup of coffee you’ve ever experienced. People who use this precise recipe experience a kind of mental clarity and focus that is hard to express in words. You owe it to yourself to try it made perfectly at least once before showing yourself that changing the ingredients doesn’t work very well.
This exact recipe works for Billboard musicians. Professional poker players. MMA fighters. CEOs. Entrepreneurs. World champion athletes. And hundreds of thousands of people like me who just want to be in control of their energy and focus all day. I live this. For more than 7 years, I have started the day with a cup of Bulletproof coffee, using the extra energy to hack my body and build this blog while blowing the doors off my career in Silicon Valley. A tiny Tibetan woman showed me the power of butter at 18,300 feet elevation near Mt. Kailash in a remote part of Tibet when I staggered into her guest house, chilled from the -10 degree air. She rejuvenated me with a creamy cup of traditional yak butter tea. The biohacker in me asked, “why does drinking this stuff make me feel so good even though there’s no air?” That observation was the genesis of the recipe for Bulletproof coffee.
The hardest part was figuring out how to create low toxin Upgraded™ Coffee Beans, the result of my obsessive pursuit to engineer the absolute highest performance coffee beans on earth. It’s taken more than 10 years to identify every step of performance-robbing toxin formation in coffee and to create a reliable, perfect source of beans that always makes you feel great – even though “normal” coffee gives people headaches, jitters, and crankiness. Upgraded Coffee makes you feel noticeably better than any other coffee. You’ll never go back to just any organic coffee beans again. Upgraded Coffee beans are meant for drinking black or best of all, for making Bulletproof Coffee.
If you’re like most people, your body is so starved for healthy fats that you feel like you can’t get enough. It will take your body a week or two to fully turn on its fat digestion systems once you switch to a diet with abundant healthy fats like the Bulletproof Diet. Some people start with as little as 1 tsp of Upgraded MCT, or they take digestive enzymes with betaine HCL to help metabolize more fat. Below, you’ll find more good stuff about coffee and the easiest ways to use it to boost mental performance:
- How Bulletproof Coffee came to be after a trip to Tibet.
- Spot low quality butter and choose the real thing that makes your brain work better
- Coffee, Muscle, and Aging: Good News
- Why drinking some coffee is good for you
- Why bad coffee makes you weak
- Green Tea + Bulletproof Coffee: Better Together For an Even Better Brain
- The Neuroscientist’s Way to Be More Bulletproof with Caffeine
- How to do intermittent fasting with Bulletproof Coffee
- How Decaf can help when it is Bulletproof