Bulletproof® Upgraded™ Collagen
1 lb. container
Upgraded Collagen Protein – The Essential Builder and Healer
Upgraded Collagen is the gold standard for achieving the fastest possible healthy tissue repair, muscle matrix, bone renewal and recovery after exercise! It can boost mental clarity, reduce inflammation, upgrade your skin, and it mixes easily with a neutral taste.
Upgraded Collagen supplies essential proteins that our bodies use to build and repair our bones, joint surfaces, skin, teeth, eyes, arteries, intervertebral disks, and much more. Collagen is one of the most important nutrients needed to maintain a strong body, keep you in healing mode, and counter-act the degenerative effects of aging.1
Unfortunately, in this day and age, the average person has hardly any collagen in their diet! Collagen traditionally made its way into our diets through bone-broths, slow-cooked organ meats, kidney pie, baked beef heart, whole crustaceans, and whole fish soups and stews. But now, few people prepare foods with this source of meats, so we developed Upgraded Collagen to give ourselves the simplest and best source of these essential nutrients. Upgraded Collagen is a dietary supplement that can be added to any liquid drink, or paleo meal you already make, without needing to cook time-consuming broths, stews, soups, and organ meats.
Benefits of Upgraded Collagen
- Fast tissue repair – Upgraded Collagen provides the particular proteins that ensure cohesion, elasticity and regeneration of skin, cartilage and bone.2
- Greater flexibility and mobility – Upgraded Collagen makes the main building blocks of connective tissue more bioavailable and better absorbed into joints for greater flexibility and mobility.2
- Stronger bones and joints – Upgraded Collagen supports strong, heavier, denser bones and is an excellent source of proline and glycine, two building blocks of cartilage that are essential for refueling after exercise and sports.2
- Revitalized skin – Upgraded Collagen promotes skin hydration, reduces the number of fine lines, prevents deeper wrinkles, and maintains the suppleness of your skin from the inside-out.3
- Weight loss – Upgraded Collagen (97% pure protein) helps with weight loss by delivering quick satiation of hunger.4
- Build Muscle – Upgraded Collagen supports muscle building by facilitating the synthesis of creatine in the body.5
- Reduce aging – Upgraded Collagen replaces the necessary proteins that diminish and breakdown from aging.6
- Deeper Sleep – Upgraded Collagen taken at bedtime deepens sleep, provides arginine to stimulate growth hormone release, and provides nutrients necessary to perform tissue repair while sleeping.
- Brain Function – Upgraded Collagen provides glycine, a neurotransmitter involved in motor and sensory pathways as well as ATP synthesis.
“My favorite protein I have ever used has been the Upgraded collagen protein. Why? You might ask. I like the light texture of the protein powder because it easily dissolves in any of the liquids you might mix it with. I also like how it has helped my skin have that nice glow to it. In my husband I noticed it reduced the appearance of his forehead wrinkles.”
Nicdali ‘The Night Queen‘ Rivera-Calanoc – Pro MMA fighter 105-115lbs
Upgraded Collagen is High Quality and Pure
Our Upgraded Collagen is sourced from the purest pasture-raised cows. These cattle are untouched by drugs or hormones and are not just “grass-fed” (which can mean grass-fed, but grain finished, or only fed grass sometimes) but actually spend their entire lives in the pasture.
Unlike gelatin, which is damaged by heat processing, Upgraded Collagen is enzymatically processed several times to leave its peptides intact, resulting in a neutral tasting, highly available protein that doesn’t clump up or have a strong taste like gelatin. It is far easier to use and contains more collagen than bone broth.
Our collagen source has been used safely for many years, and is certified by the FDA as GRAS (generally recognized as safe).
Why Collagen Is Absolutely Essential and How Upgraded Collagen Makes You Bulletproof
As the largest protein in the body, collagen is a chain of over 1500 amino acids. Collagen is the main building block of connective tissue, but unfortunately as we age, collagen naturally breaks down and diminishes over time. This decline in collagen often results in decreased stability, weaker and less elastic joints, thinner cartilage, internal inflammation, and dry, thin, less resilient skin.3
Within that chain of amino acids, collagen contains the amino acid, proline.2 Proline is required for our body to make tissue repairs. When tissue repair can keep up with tissue damage, the aging process can be slowed down. Every night our body attempts to repair damage to collagen in our arteries, our eyes, our joints, bones, tendons, skin, cartilage, the teeth, etc. Our body can actually make those repairs if it has enough of the necessary nutrients. Needless to say, a deficit of proline equals very slow healing.
Glycine is another amino acid that is extremely valuable and highly concentrated in collagen. Glycine helps build muscle and reduces the degeneration of muscle.2 Glycine also deepens sleep and is considered the third major neurotransmitter in the brain. Glycine also helps convert glucose into energy! In other words, eating animal collagen gives you the essential nutrients to repair your own collagen, build new tissue, and fuel essential processes.
Suggested Use of Upgraded Collagen
As a daily supplement, take 1-2 tablespoons of Upgraded Collagen before bed. Upgraded Collagen will provide best effects when taken in conjunction with Upgraded Whey Protein to provide you essential amino acids for repair, and bioactive milk peptides for calming your nervous system.
|Upgraded™ Collagen – 1 lb. container|
1. Mathews CK, Van Holde KE, Ahern KG. Biochemistry 3rd edition. San Francisco, Addison Wesly Longmnan, Inc., 2000.
2. Gautier, A. Vesentini, S., Redaelli, A., Buehler, M.J. Viscoelastic properties of model segments of collage molecules. Journal of the International Society for Matrix Biology. 2012 March; 31(2):14-9. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22204879
3. Tokudome, Y., Nakamura, K., Kage, M., Todo, H. Sugibayashi, K., Hashimoto, F. Effects of soybean peptide and collagen peptide on collagen synthesis in normal human dermal fibroblasts. International Journal of Food and Science Nutrition. 2012 September;63(6):689-95. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/
4.Veldhorst, M. A breakfast with a-lactalbumin protein. Clinical Nutrition. 2009;28: 147.
5. Gotthoffer NR. Gelatin in Nutrition and Medicine. Grayslake, Illinois, Grayslake Gelatin Company, 1945.
6. Shan, P.F., Wu, X.P., Zhang, H., Luo, X.H., Cao, X.Z., Xie, H., Liu, S.P., Pi, Y.Z., Fang, T.Y., Liu, H., Chen, Z.H., Zhong, N, Liao, E.Y. Age-related changes of serum bone alkaline phosphatase and cross-linked C-telopeptides of type I collagen and the relationship with bone mineral density in Chinese women. Institute of Endocrinology and Metabolism. 2006 April; 366(1-2):233-8. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16330011
* The following statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using this product.