This episode stretches the boundaries of biohacking by looking at the futurist ideology and movement called transhumanism. Natasha Vita-More, an American designer, theorist and author, joined me on this episode to discuss the possible transformation of the human condition by developing technologies that enhance intellectual, physical, and psychological capacities.
Natasha Vita-more is co-editor and author of The Transhumanist Reader: Classical and Contemporary Essays on the Science, Technology and Philosophy of the Human Future and designer and author of “Primo Posthuman,” a pioneering future whole body prototype. Vita-More is a professor at the University of Advancing Technology, and a Fellow of the Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies and the Hybrid Reality Institute. She is currently Chairman of the Board of Directors of Humanity+.
Did you know you could receive a free copy of the Bulletproof® Diet, the Bulletproof® Shopping Guide, and much more by entering your email address in the box on the right side of this page?
What We Cover
- 1:55 What is Transhumanism?
- 4:30 How to take control of human evolution
- 6:45 What will the body be/look like in 10 years?
- 10:00 The increased awareness of your body
- 15:40 The likelihood of Natasha’s vision happening within 50 years
- 17:15 Your brain and personhood
- 19:30 How deep is your consciousness? Where in the body is it?
- 21:30 The limitation of human senses
- 24:00 Horses, heart rate variability, and consciousness
- 25:40 Data, the necessary research, and our ability to upgrade the body
- 27:15 Human sensitivity and the environment
- 29:25 Natasha’s supplement regimen
- 32:05 What Natasha does to increase her IQ
- 33:50 “I love sleep!” – Natasha on sleep
- 35:00 Dave’s take on quantity vs quality of sleep
- 37:40 What to say to futurist naysayers
- 41:00 How Natasha reacts to haters
- 42:30 Transhumanism, Quantified-Self, and Culture
- 45:40 Natasha’s Book, Network, and More
- 48:00 Top 3 recommendations
Links From the Show
Questions for the podcast?
Leave your questions and responses in the comments section below so I can answer them in the next podcast.
You can also ask your questions via Podcast Question form, The Bulletproof Forum, Twitter, and Facebook!
Please do me the courtesy of leaving a ranking in iTunes. It helps more people find the show!