Exclusive Interview: Biohacking 101 With Andrew Clark
Did you know you can get a free PDF download of every transcript of every episode of Bulletproof Executive Radio by entering your email address in the box on the right side of this page? You also get a free copy of the Bulletproof Diet, the Bulletproof Shopping Guide, and much more.
Andrew Clark is the first fully certified Bulletproof Coach. He is one of the researchers behind Bulletproof Executive, and is fast becoming one of the foremost experts in biohacking. Andrew talks about some of the basic principles of biohacking and what kind of results you might obtain from this fascinating new practice.
Sign up to have these interviews delivered straight to your email or RSS. (subscribing to the podcast makes you sexy)
What We Cover
- How Andrew lost 20lbs of fat and gained 10 pounds of muscle in 6 months.
- The diet that allows you to shed fat, gain muscle, become smarter, and eat as much as you want.
- Supplements you can use to become stronger, smarter, and healthier.
- How to eat healthy every day of your life (and make it easy).
- Where to look for mycotoxins in your food.
- Andrews most successful experiments.
- The principles of biohacking.
- The experiments Andrew is currently running on himself and what you can learn from his tests.
- How Andrew is falls asleep faster than ever before.
- How to practice biohacking on a budget.
- Andrew’s favorite tools for hacking his biology and mind.
- Practical advice for people who want to start biohacking.
- The best resources for amateur biohackers and health enthusiasts.
- How to boost your IQ by 28 points in 20 days.
Links From The Show
The Carbohydrate Hypothesis of Obesity: A Critical Examination by Stephan Guyenet
“The China Study: Fact Or Fallacy?” by Denise Minger
Food & Supplements
Natural Calm Magnesium (very tasty)
Books & Magazines
Listener Q & A
- Can you get fat on a super low carb diet?
- Are omega-3 eggs healthy?
- What are Gary Taubes and Stephan Guyenet talking about?
- What’s in the China Study?
- What kind is deadlift should you be doing?
- Are mushrooms okay on a low carb diet?
- Does vitamin D boost the immune system?
Biohacker Report (latest studies & research)
Check out the conference in Sweden where Dave is presenting on the privacy rights of biohackers.
Follow us on Twitter to receive the latest studies and info.
Questions for the podcast?
Leave your questions and responses in comments section below.
You can also ask your questions via…
1. Marrel (dave)
My question is about carbs and calories. It seems like a lot of people are saying carbs make you fat. Okay, I get that, but what confuses me is that so many people act like if you cut out carbs you can eat as much as you want. I’ve heard Gary Taubes say this before and it seems like you could still get fat from eating too many calories from fat. I’m not a fat person, but I want to be leaner and I love to eat. If I don’t eat any carbs, can I eat as much protein and fat as I want?
Why should you avoid omega-3 eggs? You mentioned somewhere in the comments that you should avoid omega-3 eggs. Why is this?
What’s the difference between what Taubes and Steven Guyenet are arguing about?
Yo! Have you read the China Study? Can you describe what it apparently said, in your next podcast? That would add a lot of clarity.
In my local gym I often see people doing deadlifts in two different ways. One way is to have your knees in between your hands and have the knees directly over your toes. The other way i see people doing them is with their knees outside of their hands. I’ve tried both, and it feels easier to do it with my knees outside of my hands. Is there a proper way to deadlift, or does it make any difference?
6. Sheilagh (dave)
Great work! In the event that one is low-carb, what are the issues with mushrooms? Particularly medicinal ones like Reish, Cordyceps, maitake, or Shiitake? Their digestive enzymes may be beneficial, at least for those who can tolerate them.
Boosting your immune system. I heard your interview on the Speculist podcast where you recommended taking vitamin D3 for this. Is this in addition to, instead of, or superseded by grapefruit seed extract?
Don’t forget to leave a ranking in iTunes. It helps more people find our show.
If you found this content interesting, please consider buying a product that will improve your life from UpgradedSelf.com